Friday, August 5, 2011

Rides...

So I have been riding quite a bit lately.  And it has been a blast!

Road bikes are FAST.  However, they are also very bumpy.  It has been interesting getting used to not having a front suspension.  It has also been interesting getting used to those skinny tires.  However, I think I am getting better at balancing, going fast downhill, and maneuvering.

And while it is definitely no where near as thrilling as mountain biking, it has its place.  (Which is getting me through the next 10 1/2 months until I can get back on a mountain bike!)

Tonight, I went for a ride around Blackwater.  I got in about 22 miles and made it up Kemper Station without killing myself!  I also dodged some traffic since Jefferson Street was closed off due to Friday Cheers (by the way, the band SUCKED).

I ended up stretching at the Awareness Garden and took a really nice photo (with my phone) of my bike.  Here is SynSi (the road bike's name...  It took me almost 3 weeks to name it)!

11 - 1


Meanwhile, the pups have been battling the heat.  Nola has been having a terrible time, as she is still halfway in full coat.  We have been playing in the basement during the day, since there is more room to run around down there and it is cooler than outside.  Our morning walks have been cut super short, because even at 0600, it is 85 degrees and ridiculously humid.  B&N are completely ready for Autumn!


Nola has been a complete bum, which is so cute for her...

11 - 1(2)




2 comments:

  1. PupChow here from Shiba Forum, I recently started road biking as well so I felt the need to comment and give you a hi-5! =)

    I actually tried mountain biking before but it just felt too risky, even though the road bike is faster it actually felt a lot safer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you biking! Hi-5 right back at you!

    Hope Mac is doing well!

    ReplyDelete