Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Good News... The Bad News...

Well, it has been a long couple of weeks.

The good news is that Nola has been seizure free for over a week. (YAY!)

DSC_7085

The bad news is that Bella & Nola tag teamed a praying mantis and the praying mantis lost...

Honestly, it was quite comical to watch the two of them go up against a mantis. The mantis definitely put up a fight and the dogs were very curious but wary. That is until Nola waited until the mantis was pre-occupied with Bella. Then she grabbed it from behind.

Unfortunately, I just wanted to watch them play with it. I was not expecting Nola's attack from behind. Otherwise, I would have saved the mantis before it was too late.

However, I was THRILLED to see Nola in action again.

She has improved dramatically since putting her on the Phenobarbital. She has had minimal seizure activity. And the last seizure that I witnessed was last Wednesday. She has also not had any issues with getting 'stuck' since last Tuesday. Her anxiousness has decreased as well. So even though she is still confused and still having issues with food/weight gain, I think that she is improved overall.

She goes back to the vet in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we will have a better idea of what is going on with her then. But, as of now, I am very happy with how things have progressed/improved. :)

In any case, I have been getting kicked off the couch recently...

DSC_7170

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I feel like I get kicked off the bed sometimes! Shibas really like to spread out!

    ReplyDelete