Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Storms

According to my doctor, I have at least four more weeks of inactivity to survive through before I can start being mobile again.  This is most unfortunate as I am very much going crazy inside the four walls of my home.  This does however, give me lots of time to reflect.

While watching a nice summer thunderstorm (or, late Spring if you must be technical about it), I realized how much I have missed running and biking in the rain.  

A trail run in the warm rain of a summer storm is one of the most peaceful adventures you can have without traveling.  The canopy of the trees diffuses the rain into an incredibly relaxing shower.  The smell of the forest in the rain is so clean and fresh and just radiates green.  All of the woodland creatures come out to frolic in the cooler air.  

It gets even better on a bike.  Dusty trails turn into slick mud.  Puddles form to splash through.  And the air turns into a nice cool breeze.  

Only a few more weeks until I can get back on the bike.  I am really looking forward to it.  I just wish this time would pass quickly!


storm

No comments:

Post a Comment