Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bad Days, Good Days

So it has been almost six weeks since my surgery.  Overall, I suppose things are going well.  I returned to work (still part time, though, but each day I try and do a little more).  It is great to be out of the house, but going back to work has really made me realize how much this injury has drained me.  Getting back in shape is going to be tough.  

I am a little worried about my progress though.  I feel as if I have hit a plateau.  I made some great progress over the first three weeks, but I feel as if I am still at the same point I was three weeks ago.  I am not sure what to do about that, as I am still immobilized and on major restrictions.  But I go back to the doctor tomorrow, so hopefully I will get some encouragement and some ideas of what I can do to get my strength and stamina back.  

But I am getting excited about starting Physical Therapy and buying my first road bike.  I have been researching just about every day.  I do wish I had someone to go with me on my search that was road bike savvy.  I am still quite confused about those curvy handle bars and the super skinny tires.  Haha.

But there are good days...  When I can relax and the pain is almost non-existent. 
DSC_6936



And then there are bad days...  When I just want to hide from the rest of the world.
DSC_6925

But I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  And that I am strong enough to make it through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment