Tuesday, June 28, 2011

That, My Friends...

Is absolutely the most fun I have had in AGES! 

I got home from work (8 WHOLE hours!) and the skies were looking a little moody.  Well, I decided that I could beat the storm and headed downtown for a run. 

As I was running, I thought a little about the past, too.  It is amazing how much trying to catch a storm (or beat a storm), while listening to some upbeat pop music (in this case, Rhianna's Hard) reminds me of my best friend.  Miss you, Dan!

I ran, and I ran.  I got about a mile and a half and it got pretty dark.  So I decided to go ahead and loop back around.  Well, by the time I got to the tunnel (for those of you who are not from around here, there is a rails to trails trail that goes through the city that branches off into single track here and there.  The tunnel is an old railroad tunnel that the trail goes through.  Quite fun, if you are ever in town, you should check it out!), it started to rain. 

When I got to the other side, it was quite beautiful.  The lighting looked like dusk, even though it was only 6:00 (PM).  There was the pitter patter of rain on the trees above the trail and the lightening bugs were out.  It was so incredibly gorgeous, it made me wish I had some sort of artistic talent so I could paint it. 

And then, the lightening struck the creek beside the trail...  Uh oh!  Better kick it up.  So I ran a little quicker, still taking everything in.  Then, apparently mother nature decided it was time for me to have a little fun.  So she let lose!

It started to just POUR!  And if you know me, you know that running in the rain is one of my favourite things to do.  And this rain was amazing!  It was cool and heavy and just made me laugh.  I ran like this for another mile, just taking it all in.

AND THEN...  I met the man of my dreams.  As I was coming around a bend, with a HUGE grin on my face, this guy flies down the hill on a mountain bike with a huge grin on HIS face.  And he looks at me and says "HIGH FIVE, THIS IS THE BEST!"  *sigh*  I love men with adventurous spirits.  Especially men who are not afraid of a little storm.  :)

Needless to say, I got home, completely soaked and happier than I have been in a LONG, long time. 

0701091929

No comments:

Post a Comment