Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two Second Update

Well, my return to the doctor was eventful...  To say the least.

The Good News:
I have been cleared to run and for light road biking.  
I have been advised to slowly stop wearing the "apparatus".  (YAY!  I can look normal again!)
I can return to work (my paid normal job) at full duty as soon as I feel up to it.

The Bad News:
The sciatic pain may never go away.  There is too much scar tissue around the nerve, since this was my second surgery.  
I get to start PT soon.  Normally this would go under good news, except PT sessions are $40 a pop.  
It will be a few months before I can get back to mountain biking.
It will be a few months before I can be released to full duty as an EMT.  

So yeah...  The bad news definitely outweighs the good news.  BUT there WAS good news!  So YAY!  I am truly excited to start being able to use my body again.  I am going to go for a run/jog tomorrow evening.  I am so excited!  (That, and I really need to lose the extra 10 pounds I packed on while immobile!) And I will start my shopping excursion for a road bike this weekend after getting a hair cut! 

Wish me luck!

Photo on 2011-06-23 at 22.02 #4

No comments:

Post a Comment