Friday, June 3, 2011

Executive Decision...

Well, while I have been sitting on my bum being completely unproductive over the past few days, I have made an executive decision.

Sort of...

Well, I actually made this decision about 2 years ago, but due to life, it kept getting pushed back and pushed back...  And then, I broke my back...  Again.

So over the past few weeks, I have decided that I am going to buy a road bike.  Yes, an actual slick tired road bike.  (Everyone who knows me probably just fainted from shock.)

Me, the hard tail, knobby tire, mud riding zealot is branching out to the other side!  Who would have thought?

The reasons:
Well, road biking will be a bit easier on my back while I continue to recover.  
Road bikes are definitely better for commuting (has anyone noticed the price of gas lately?).
Road bikes are lighter than mountain bikes (again, for the spine recovery period).
I feel that sometimes, it is good to branch out into something unfamiliar.  
I think it might be a good way to branch out and meet a new crowd of people.  

I am sure there are other reasons, but for now, that is all I have.  I am excited about it, but a little nervous as well.  I mean, what DO people do with those curvy bars?  Where exactly do you put your hands?  And how will I know when to replace my tires since there is no tread?  And do I HAVE to wear those silly jerseys?  And will people laugh at me if I wear my camel back on a road bike?

Yep, this should be a fun new adventure for sure!



DSC_0972

No comments:

Post a Comment